How we may help
Our advocates can:
- Represent you in disputes over debt collection, or in seeking bankruptcy.
- Help you cancel unfair sales or loans, or arrange re-payment plans.
- Keep you from losing your home from unfair or excessive debt.
- Stop harassing debt collection practices.
- Refer you to other sources of help.
- Give talks to community groups and social services agencies about consumer protection issues.
How to get help
All of our program offices handle consumer protection issues. If you have an emergency, we will see you as soon as we can. We ask that you call first if your problem is not an emergency. When you come in, bring any and all papers about your problem.
If you can't come in
If you are disabled or cannot travel to one of our offices, call us to arrange a telephone intake interview.
You can lose important rights by waiting too long to get help. If you have an emergency (such as a hearing or an appeal deadline), call our nearest office and explain. If you cannot reach anyone by phone, come to the nearest office with all the papers about your problem.